Building OpenSSL and Building cURL
- Edit the settings found in the build.sh files for OpenSSL and for cURL. We recommend you use Xcode for this purpose, or a plain text editor that formats the file, like NotePad++. You will find the build.sh file for OpenSSL in this directory:
and the build.sh file for cURL in this directory:
- Make sure that the file defines the correct version of each product.
And for cURL:
- Make sure the iOS SDK Version is set to 8.1 for each file:
- Set the minimum version for the iOS operating system to 6.0:
Version 4.3 for iOS does not build, and we did not test changing to version 5.0.
- Use the CHMOD command to grant permission for all users to execute the build.sh file, like this:
CHMOD 777 build.sh
- Then, run the build script. Run this command in your terminal window:
Follow the instructions provided in the RMSDK_User_Manual(obj) PDF document, page 29, for more detail.
This process may take more than a few minutes to complete.
Working with Book2png
After you install and configure OpenSSL and CURL, go to page 46 of the RMSDK_User_Manual(obj) PDF document, the section called “Building Book2png for different platforms.” This will describe how to build Book2png for Android and iOS devices.
You can find the Book2png utility in the /samples folder under RMSDK.
You can verify the build by checking the book2png-iOS.ipa file in this directory:
This file is generated automatically after the build.
To build a debug target, edit the build.xml file found in the build/sdk folder.
Change the target for “book2pngios.objonly” from “Release”: