Building OpenSSL and Building cURL
- Edit the settings found in the build.sh files for OpenSSL and for cURL. We recommend you use Xcode for this purpose, or a plain text editor that formats the file, like NotePad++. You will find the build.sh file for OpenSSL in this directory:
and the build.sh file for cURL in this directory:
- Make sure that the file defines the correct version of each product.
And for cURL:
- Make sure the iOS SDK Version is set to 8.1 for each file:
- Set the minimum version for the iOS operating system to 6.0:
Version 4.3 for iOS does not build, and we did not test changing to version 5.0.
- Use the CHMOD command to grant permission for all users to execute the build.sh file, like this:
CHMOD 777 build.sh
- Then, run the build script. Run this command in your terminal window:
Follow the instructions provided in the RMSDK_User_Manual(obj) PDF document, page 29, for more detail.
This process may take more than a few minutes to complete.
Working with Book2png
After you install and configure OpenSSL and CURL, go to page 46 of the RMSDK_User_Manual(obj) PDF document, the section called “Building Book2png for different platforms.” This will describe how to build Book2png for Android and iOS devices.
You can find the Book2png utility in the /samples folder under RMSDK.
Make sure that you have Apache Ant installed, and your Apple Signing Certificate.You can use Xcode to install the Apple Signing Certificate.
You can verify the build by checking the book2png-iOS.ipa file in this directory:
This file is generated automatically after the build.
To build a debug target, edit the build.xml file found in the build/sdk folder.
Change the target for “book2pngios.objonly” from “Release”: