This material expands on the build settings and steps provided in the Adobe RMSDK User Guide, provided with the product, and provides current information on compiler updates.
The RMSDK installation package includes a variety of documentation PDF files and other resources besides the software. You will receive a single RMSDK installation Zip file plus a Certification zip file and a Signing Certificate zip file, both listed below. Create a root directory for your RMSDK 11 installation package and unzip the RMSDK11 files in that folder.
After you install RMSDK on your machine, look for:
- A PDF document called the RMSDK User Manual. The release package includes several different user documentation PDF files, most of them provided by Adobe Systems. But the RMSDK User Manual is the best place to get started.
- The RMSDK HTML Reference help tool. This HTML reference provides detailed descriptions of the API references, describes design principles and objectives for creating a reader with RMSDK, and outlines the capabilities of the Book2png utility. Unzip the file called RMSDK_API_Specification_11.0.ZIP, and then open Index.html. You will find it in the Help directory.
- Material provided in the RMSDK_CERTIFICATION_v4 zip file. Any eReader application that you build using Adobe Reader Mobile SDK must be certified, or verified, before you can distribute this product to your customers. This document defines the requirements for releasing your software.
- License information provided in the RMSDK11_Signing_Certificate_Info.zip file. These materials cover obtaining, managing, and implementing the Adobe Systems Developer and Distribution certificates required to run RMSDK applications.
Datalogics delivers Adobe’s RMSDK 11 and later builds mostly in binary form. You still need to download and install OpenSSL and cURL separately.
- OpenSSL is an open source toolkit for building Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security protocols.
- Client for URLs, or cURL, is a command line tool used for transferring files between various internet protocols, and using the URL syntax.
Datalogics provides a custom set of scripts for building the required OpenSSL and cURL third party libraries and header files for use with DL Reader samples.
You can use three different methods for building your own eReader app using RMSDK:
- Build RMSDK only, using the Book2png sample utility to test the development
- Build DL Reader with RMSDK
- Build your own application based on RMSDK, and you can choose either product, Book2png or DL Reader, as the model for your build path
The Book2png sample is not required for building DL Reader. We do, however, suggest that if you are not using DL Reader as the base for your development, building Book2png will be a good way to validate that you can build successfully working with OpenSSL and CURL, and also learn to correctly follow RMSDK build instructions. Book2png is also a good sample to use as a diagnostic tool. You can use Book2png as a benchmark for comparing with your software, so that you can identify issues with your software that are not related to RMSDK.
Please direct your comments and questions to email@example.com.