We also describe how to set up IntelliJ as your IDE to run Java sample programs with PDF Java Toolkit.
Open the Maven Project
- Open IntelliJ.
- Select the Samples directory for PDF Java Toolkit:
- Select the pom.xml file:
- Click .
- Click .
- IntelliJ IDEA opens and syncs the Maven project.
Run a Sample Program
These steps describe how to load and run the sample program "Hello World" in PDF Java Toolkit.
- After you open the Maven project, this screen appears.
- Open the /src directory, and then main/java, and find the HelloWorld program file under creation:
- Double click the file name to open the Java program file.
- From the Run directory, select Run:
- Click Run, HelloWorld, and Run:
- A message should appear shortly, showing that the program finished:
- The Event Log also shows that the program built and ran successfully:
Changing import settings for a project
If you need to change the import options when you open the project, in IntelliJ, click File and Settings.
Then click Build, Execution, and Deployment.
Select Build Tools, then Maven, and Importing. This screen appears: